Here is a fun creation using Create-a-Flake Three and Snowflake Pendant (both retired) by Spellbinders® PaperArts. The sentiment is Large Fancy Holiday Sentiments and Vintage Labels & Banner by JustRite® Papercrafts. I look forward to snow this year and lots of it, since I live in Minnesota!
The instructions are below:
1. Thoroughly wash and dry glass vase and set aside.
2. Using Create-a-Flake Three and Snowflake Pendant die templates, cut assorted snowflakes from self adhesive vinyl. Peel off protective backing from snowflakes and arrange on vase. With the back of a spoon, rub vinyl snowflakes on vase until all air bubbles are removed. This is an important step to keep the etching cream from seeping underneath the vinyl stencils.
3. Generously apply the etching cream onto the vase with a foam brush. Don’t be afraid to use plenty of cream, as you will be putting the excess back in the jar. Wait 15 minutes for the glass to etch.
4. Use a foam brush to remove excess cream and put back into jar, being careful not to disturb the stencils. Once the excess cream is removed, put vase into bucket of water and remove the cream from the vase with a sponge. The stencils may come off during this process but it is ok.
5. Make sure all vinyl has been removed and rinse vase in sink with fresh water then dry with a towel. The etching will appear once your vase is dry.
6. Cut/emboss the large snowflake from Create-a-Flake Three with white glitter paper. Add white pearl to center of snowflake.
7. Stamp sentiment from Large Fancy Holiday Sentiment set with black ink onto white card stock. Center Vintage Label & Banner Dies over sentiment and cut/emboss. With sentiment still in die template add light blue ink. Curl the sentiment with a pencil.
8. Tie a bow around the top edge of vase with a light blue ribbon. Tie snowflake and sentiment to silk ribbon bow with white floss.